Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Word of God


All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, (II Timothy 3:16) This verse to me is very clear in what it says yet, I can not believe the number of people today that state they are Christians and don't believe the entire Bible and bring up the question " Well the Bible was written by men?" " Some of it may have not been translated correctly?" etc... I have to say when I hear people whom profess to be Christians saying things such as this I have to stop and ask myself. What do they do with II Tim 3:16? If you happen to be one of people that are in the group I am talking about then I challenge you to either believe the Bible in its totality or don't believe it. I really see know other way to look at it. I also know some of you may think " What is he doing, asking them not to believe!" I want you to know this if God wants them to believe and it takes words on this blog to do it. Glory be to God. I am just a tool that has yielded my life to God to be used to expand the kingdom.

The reason I am bringing this up today is while Paul, and I were out witnessing yesterday in Silver Spring we ran into a young man named Micheal and he stated just this. He said " I am a Christian." Then as we began to talk to him and question him as to his beliefs he began to make comments that were not consistent with the Bible. He stated that Jesus Christ was the way for him but, Jesus may not be the way for others. (I was perplexed) Now, I do want to say that Micheal was young, I believe just a freshman in College, so he has probably heard some psycho-babble from his professors that goes something like this. "You have the freedom to believe what you want to believe yet, just by looking at the world around us and the many different belief systems no one can claim exclusivity when it comes to right and wrong. Each persons beliefs have to be valued and respected. We need to be tolerant of all." To this I would exclaim loudly "Ridiculous!" True believers know that only one truth exist when it comes to right and wrong and Jesus told us this truth in John 14:6 Jesus said to him,"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." Jesus could have not been clearer than this. So Micheal and anyone else who has these ideas, repent and believe by trusting in the only one who can give you newness of life, the Son of God, Jesus Christ. Until you read again, God bless.

No comments: