Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Preaching on Thursday...


I will be going back to Montgomery College with several of my associates to preach the message of Jesus Christ and Him crucified for the salvation of all those who will repent of their sins and place their trust in His substitutional death, burial and resurrection. It has been quite some time since I have been able to preach at MC, Montogmery College, with my associate evangelist, so it will be good to go back and join them in sowing the seeds of the gospel to the students on campus. Although, many of the students are more interested in arguing with us than hearing how they can be set free from the sin in their lives that binds them. I will be going with eagerness because I know that the words that I speak will be words of life for all those who receive. This brings to mind a couple verses form John chapter 1. "He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name. who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor the will of man, but of God." (John 1:11-13). So as I journey to MC on Thursday I will go with Bible in hand, tracts in my pockets, and love in my heart. After all love for the message must be the motivation that drives us to preach. If we preach out of duty or compulsion then I feel a vital part of the message will be lacking. Now, I am not saying we should not preach Christ based on feelings. Because if we based everything we did on feelings then many of us would not get out of bed in the morning. But, we must have a deep passion and love for the message of the gospel which will give us a deep love for God. I love the title of John Piper's book "God is the Gospel". So now let us stop, take a breathe, and realize all of our efforts must point to the grace and glory of God or our efforts are futile. Let us not exalt ourselves or our preaching but let us only exalt Christ and the work done at Calvary. Until you read again, God bless.

No comments: