Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturday night reflections


So today was an eventful day to say the least. I went to my daughter's TBQ, Teen Bible Quiz, match and our 2 year old went along because we did not have any one to keep him. Usually my parents are able to watch him but, as circumstances would have it, ok not circumstances, as God would have it, my parents were still in PA. They have gone to visit my sister and have not returned yet. They are planning on coming back next week. Well, enough about my parents and on to what today really was about. So Zoran, our energetic, to say the least, 2 year old, soon to be three, went with us to Virginia for Zana's match. For those of you who do not know or have not figured it out, Zana, is my 14 year old daughter. Did I just say 14. Wow, how time flies and your children grow up. I can remember when she was just 5 and heading off to school for the first time and now she will be starting high school next year. Now where was I, sorry for digressing about time flying and the sort. Oh, yes. So we are going to the match and I realize that Zoran is not going to be able to sit in the rooms during the quizzing. My wife, Laurie, already thinking ahead has prepared a bag of things to keep Zoran occupied while I watch him in the main room, which happens to be the sanctuary for the children. Ethan, my 10 year old, is also going to help keep Zoran entertained during this day. We arrive at 8:55 and get out and go into the sanctuary. Don't worry, I am not going to take you step by step through the entire day, I will get to the main point soon so hang in there. The coordinator for the TBQ match has some brief announcements and introductory comments and after praying for the day all of the children, coaches, assistants, quiz masters, and officials head off to their rooms. So it begins, Zoran, Ethan and I are left in the sanctuary and only two other people are in this room with us. Time to start entertaining a very busy, active, energetic, almost three year old. I decide to break out the crayons and coloring book. This makes him content for almost 30 minutes. Now, only 5 and 1/2 hours to go. I think you can see where this is going? So, to bring the main point to light. The rest of the day did not go quite as well. I would have to say that I am not the most patient person and I sometimes over-react, or that is what Laurie says. So Zoran is being a typical, curious, energetic, active, almost three year old and I can't handle it. Most of my day is spent running after him, feeding him, making sure he does not break anything and then as I put him in the car at the end of the day and he is screaming because he dose not want to leave the fun of the playground that we discovered outside of the church. At that moment it is as if God shows up and clearly ask me. Does this remind you of anything? I had to ask myself how many times have you been having fun doing what makes you happy and then your heavenly Father has to come and take you away because He has a schedule and knows what is best for you at the time. Then you scream and cry because you don't want to listen and need I say more.....I think this day can show us all how we sometimes can be viewed as a almost three year old in God's eyes. Just something to think about, God bless until you read again.

No comments: