Thursday, January 13, 2011

Find life in Christ

"Blessed is the man who listens to me, Watching daily at my gates, Waiting at the posts of my doors. For whoever finds me finds life, And obtains favor from the Lord; But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul; All those who hate me love death." Prov 8:34-36 ( I have been called to help men find life, repent and believe the gospel and you shall find life.)


I read these verses today and they spoke to me in a mighty way. As I looked at the words "whoever finds me finds life" I realized that God has allowed me to have the privilege of not only show the lost how to find life, because it is not about finding life it is about finding Christ the giver of life. I was reading a book by John Piper "God is the Gospel" and he asked a question in the beginning of the book. It went something like this.... If you could go to heaven and gain all that it has to offer, no pain, no sickness, no death, no tears, overwhelming joy, etc.. would you still want to go if God were not there? This made me stop and ponder these things for quite some time. That is why I feel I am not hear to help people get life although, that is a great benefit. I am here to point people to Christ the giver of life.

No comments: