Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Keep the faith

Well this is my second post and...... I had a great time of fellowship and worship tonight in church. The Pastor spoke on Revelation 2:8-11 and brought out may good points. I agreed with most of the points that he used and felt refreshed by the sermons and now I am ready to finish my work week strong. On the way home I had a great discussion with my daughter. She is 11 years old and I am very proud of her. She was speaking about how she can be a witness to her friends at school and how she can influence them in a positive way instead of being pulled down by them. She told me that all of the kids in her class pick on and call each other names. I told her this was not a very Godly way to act and she agreed. She admitted to laughing at some of the things that were said by her friends, but now she is going to try to not laugh at all and make her friends aware of the fact that she does not want to enter into this type of behavior or accept it by laughing. She also mentioned to me that she does pray for her friends and hopes that they will come to know the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior. It was a real inspiration to talk to my daughter about such weighty spiritual matters and it has caused me to re-evaluate my commitment to witnessing at work during the day. A friend of my told me that people see your faith by you living your faith. I now understand what he meant because that is exactly what I told my daughter and I gave her some suggestions on how to put this into action. I pray that God gives me the grace and opportunity to share my faith tomorrow with many that I come in contact with throughout the day.

God bless,
Zane

No comments: