Monday, September 22, 2008

1 Timothy 1:12

" And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry"; Wow... what a powerful verse and each of us are able to claim it as our own if we are faithful with the ministry that God has called us into. We just need to be obedient to his call on our lives and in our lives. These can take many shapes and sizes. What I mean by this is that you may be called to say a polite word to a co-worker tomorrow and allow God's love to shine through you, or you may be called tomorrow to stand up for your faith when a co-worker makes a comment that is rude or distasteful towards the convictions you hold as a follower of Jesus Christ. There could be many other scenarios that could and will apply for each of us tomorrow or the next day and I pray that this post will inspire you as a believer to go out into all the world and preach the gospel either through words( which I feel is most effective) 0r through actions,( which is also important yet, people can not hear our actions and come to repentance). One final note I would like to leave you with is recently I discovered a website that outlines the Church History since Christ walked the earth until present day. Tonight I read an article by
David Calhoun & Covenant Theological Seminary, on Augustine's book "The city of God" and it was very, very, good and I feel that taking the time to read this book in the future will be a worthwhile investment. I say investment because the book is approximately 1000 pages. I would encourage any of you that have a desire to learn more about church history to at least read the article which can be found at http://www.churchtimeline.com/imperial.htm scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the PDF file for Augustine's Theology of History. It is well worth your time. May God continue to richly bless your life as you journey on towards the fulfillment of his purpose for you ministry.

No comments: