Wednesday, February 18, 2009

John 3:30

"He must increase but, I must decrease" I have heard this verse twice in the last two days and I know now that this is true to all of us. If we want to display Jesus through our lives, words, and actions, we must die to ourselves so that we can live for Christ. If we are not willing to decrease in our thoughts of self God will not use us to our full potential. Tonight at church Pastor asked us to go and pray with someone and just encourage them. I saw a man I have known for awhile in the front of the church and I was drawn to go pray for him. Was this difficult to walk past all of those people and pray with this man? Yes, it was difficult. Yet, I had to decrease and not think about myself or my feelings and think about what God wanted me to do. After I stepped out and went up front and prayed for this man I knew for sure that God had set up this appointment for me to intercede for him in prayer and I felt an overwhelming feeling of joy for stepping out and decreasing myself so that Jesus could increase. God bless everyone of you. To God be the glory!

No comments: