Saturday, February 28, 2009

Assurance in difficult times

I just spoke to a friend of mine, Jim and he just experienced the loss of his mother. I was able to talk to him about the assurance we have in knowing Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. Also the hope that we have that we would be reunited with our loved ones that have gone to Heaven before us. After about an hour on conversation that ranged from the goodness of God in all things to the discussion of some scripture we ended the call and I told him if he needed to talk about anything I was only a phone call away.

As I think about the conversation we had and the encouragement that Jim is to me and I pray I am to him in situations, I began to think about those who do not have friends or family or a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ to help them through the difficult times and my heart is saddened by this and it gives me a greater desire to preach the Gospel to all those lost and dying souls.

So for any of you that are reading this blog and do not have a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, I implore you to seek the scriptures, which is the Bible, the only true word of God that tells us how we are to live and what we must do to be saved. I would recommend reading Romans 10: 9,10 and truly make a decision to believe in your heart and confess with your mouth and you will be saved. Once you have accepted Jesus into your life continue to walk in the truth that will be revealed to you through the Bible and find a good Bible believing church to help you grow in your faith. Well, I have said all I can at this point and if God uses this blog to touch the lives and convict the souls of the unsaved I say to Him be all the Glory, Honor, and Praise for He alone is worthy. Amen, and have a blessed night.

No comments: