Friday, August 14, 2015

College ministry starts soon.... I am very excited about the upcoming fall semester and the incoming freshman that I will have the privilege of preaching the gospel to as they start a new chapter of their lives. I just finished mapping out my fall schedule which includes 3 days on campuses most weeks and a weekly Monday afternoon kids club at a local trailer park. God has done many things in my life over the past several months and I want to continue to share and encourage others to join the fight. .
This is a picture from last spring at Indiana University of Pennsylvania and I plan on visiting IUP on Tuesday's this fall semester. I will not be at IUP every Tuesday but, at least every other Tuesday I will be preaching on Campus. Another campus that I will be visiting on a weekly basis is the Penn State University Main campus in State College, PA. The ministry at PSU has been wonderful and I am looking to build more student relationships and hopefully be able to start an off campus Bible study with some students. Please pray that God will be preparing the hearts of students and bring these students in contact with me as I am on campus this fall. I will also be frequenting the campuses of the University of Pittsburgh, Lock Haven State University, and Slippery Rock University as a part of my college ministry. God has placed a burden on my heart for college students because I have seen and experienced the effects of secular universities on young men and women who have seemed to walk away from their faith because of the influence of the atmosphere of most universities. I was one of these students and by the grace of God I now have to privilege to preach to these students who are at a vital point in their lives. One last thing that I would like to have you pray about is that God would raise up additional prayer and financial partners for this ministry that He has granted me the priviledge to lead in Western Pennsylvania through Open Air Campaigners. The labor of taking the gospel to these campuses and into the community will make a difference in the lives of young men and women for the sake of Christ and will have an eternal impact. Those of you who wish to contribute in any way can visit our website at oacusa.org and click on the donate button. May God bless you and keep you and use you to expand His kingdom for His glory. Until you read again...

No comments: