Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mission Possible update...

I mentioned a few post ago that I will be leading a Mission trip this summer and I wanted to update you and request pray for myself and the team members. We have met three times as a group to do some training in preparation for the summer and all of these trainings went well. Last week we had a meeting with the parents of the teens who are going on the trip and it was very productive. I am looking forward to leading this team of youth this summer along with Christine Barrington. Christine will be leading the girls on the team and I will be leading the boys although we will be working together Christine will primarily mentor, direct and supervise the girls and I likewise will do the same for the boys. We have 9 teens on the team and this is a relatively big team so your prayers are appreciated. I would ask that you pray that we have unity as a team and that every aspect of the trip from the traveling time on the highways to the meal preparation to the daily devotionals as a team to the ministry on the streets and boardwalk would glorify God and accomplish His purpose in our lives and the lives of the people we come in contact with and minister too.

We will be starting this mission trip on June 20th and it will run through the entire month of July. Many of the weeks I will be away from my family so, this also is something I would ask you to pray about. Laurie will be taking care of our new baby girl on her own as well as our 3 year old and our two older children. Please keep her in your prayers.

The mission possible team will have a blog post also if you would like to follow it you can do so by going to www.mp1summeractivitylog.blogspot.com. Your prayers are appreciated until you read again....

No comments: