Thursday, March 31, 2011

Praise God for the opportunity...

Hello all,

I just wanted to share some exciting news with you and ask for your prayers for me as I have been given an opportunity to be a leader of Mission Possible One. Mission Possible is a 6 week local missions trip for youth and I received an email today offering me the position to be a co-leader this year. I am looking forward to being able to encourage, equip, mentor, and help the teens develop a deeper walk with the Lord this summer. I am posting this so that many of you can pray that God gives me the wisdom and ability to lead these young people in a mission that will impact their lives in a way that will effect how they live after this mission. I will begin to prepare for this mission in the next week and continue to fine tune these plans throughout the next few months leading up to "Mission Possible One". Mission Possible One, MP1, will begin on June 20th and continue through the month of July. The responsibility that goes along with this position humbles me and encourages me because God has granted me favor with those whom chose the leaders and they saw something in me that caused them to chose me. The thing they saw was Christ, not me, because if they would have seen me I do not believe I would have been chosen for this position. It is only because they saw Christ through me that I have this privilege to lead and mentor these youth for the summer. I ask as I close this post that many of you please pray that I am able to lead this team in a manner pleasing and glorifying to God and that I continue to allow Christ to shine through me in all I do for the glory of the Him who sits on the throne and unto the Lamb. Until you read again....

No comments: